Collection and use of information
World Food Innovations may collect the following types of information about you when you use the World Food Innovations website:
- Information which you provide to us through our website or otherwise. This information may include, for example, name, mailing address, email address, phone number and similar information which may be provided to us when you use our website; and
- Information regarding how you use our website and/or the World Food Innovations services which may include (i) technical information regarding your browser, operating system and/or system settings; (ii) information about the frequency and duration of your visits to our website and how you interact with our website.
We may use this information:
- To allow you to use the World Food Innovations accounts and/or any other interactive features of our website or services, when you choose to do so;
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- World Food Innovations does not disclose domain name or aggregate information to third parties other than vendors and partners who assist us with our website and/or the delivery of services to you, and who are under strict confidentiality requirements.
From time to time, however, we may disclose this information to fulfil legal or regulatory obligations or if we determine such disclosure is legally advisable or necessary to protect our rights, the rights of others, or to prevent harm. In addition, we may aggregate data about users of our site and use it for statistical purposes. This information helps us to better understand our site’s users and how to improve our site and our offerings.
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device such as a computer when a user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) or they can be stored for longer.
The World Food Innovations website may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the my World Food Innovations or other secure areas of the World Food Innovations website, or make use of e-billing services etc.;
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region);
- Affiliate marketing cookies. These are used to track referrals which have been generated by our partners, and to ensure marketing messages are as relevant as possible;
Social media cookies. These are used by multiple social media platforms to enable the sharing of content on our website; and
- Google analytics cookies. These are cookies from google as part of its google analytics service. The data collected via this service is used to improve our website. For example: if statistics show a low conversion rate for a contact form, improvements may be made to make the form less complicated. Google may be forced by law to supply information to third parties. These regulations are outside of World Food Innovations’ jurisdiction.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage, block and delete them, see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
You can delete, remove your consent and/or block cookies sent to you from the World Food Innovations website by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Should you do so however, you may not be able to access the World Food Innovations website (or parts of it), or use it in the manner intended.
Google complies with the EU-US privacy shield framework as set forth by the us department of commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European union member countries and subject to enforcement by the federal trade commission.
You can also opt out of being tracked by google analytics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of user information. We use appropriate security safeguards.
At World Food Innovations, security is a priority. Unfortunately however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will apply appropriate measures, including advanced technology, to protect personal information collected online against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These measures may include, among others, encryption, physical access security, and other appropriate technologies. World Food Innovations reviews and enhances its security as necessary.
This website is linked to other websites.
We may create links to third-party websites. World Food Innovations is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by websites that are linked to from our website. World Food Innovations’ privacy policies and practices do not apply to these sites. World Food Innovations does not guarantee, approve, or endorse any information, material, services, or products contained on these links. World Food Innovations is not responsible for any content on sites linked from or to www.worldfoodinnovations.com. World Food Innovations is providing the linked sites as a convenience and your connection to any linked site is at your own risk.
©2018 World Food Innovations