Low-fat peanut replacer with optimum flavor and crunchiness
Replacing peanuts by FLAV-R-Grain offers opportunities for cost-saving and allergen management
Flav-R Grain is an innovative new ingredient which tastes like (pea)nut,s but is in fact a toasted corn germ. It offers flavor and crunch benefits without using actual (pea)nuts. Using Flav-R Grain means you can save costs in formulation while simplifying your allergen management.
Benefits of Flav-R Grain
- Excellent taste profile
- (Pea)Nut substitute, free from EU-stated allergens
- Natural, non GM food source
- Cost saving opportunities in formulation and allergen management
- Less fat than actual nuts to fit into fat reduced formulations
- Good source of fibre to fit into fibre enriched formulations
- Natural taste enhancer, can also be used to mask off-flavors
- Enhances the authentic appearance of your end-product
Flav-R Grain can upgrade taste, flavor and appearance in:
- Fresh corn tortillas
- Tortilla chips & taco shells
- Extruded snacks & cereals
- Multi-grain snacks like cereal & protein bars
- Multi-grain cookies, crackers & breads
- Batters & breadings
Flav-R Grain can also be used to (partly) replace (pea)nuts in peanut butters & sauces, cereal bars, cream spreads, flavoring and whole wheat biscuits.
Barentz Food & Nutrition creates, sources and delivers all ingredients required to produce food & beverage products for your A-brands and private label products. In cooperation with the specialists of their subsidiary L.I. Frank, the grains and legumes ingredient company, Barentz can formulate concepts and applications that suit your needs.